How to install an APK on your Android device
- You can install APK files on your Android smartphone or tablet directly from your browser.
- Just open your browser, find the APK file you want to download, and tap it – you should then be able to see it downloading on the top bar of your device.
- Once it’s downloaded, open Downloads, tap on the APK file and tap Yes when prompted.
- The app will begin installing on your device. Simple.
How to install APK Files from your computer
You don’t need a smartphone to download and install APK files. You can also do this on a desktop PC. Here’s how it works.
First, you must find an APK file you want. Search online for an APK file and download it to an easy-to-find location on your computer (like your desktop).
- If you like, you can also download a file manager app so you can easily find files on your Android device. We recommend our favorite file managers in our list of the best file explorers for Android.
- Once you’ve downloaded the APK file on your computer, connect your Android device to it.
- At this point, you may be asked if you want to charge your phone or connect it as a ‘media device’ Choose Media device (File Transfer in some phones).
- Then, find your phone’s folder on your computer. It will be in ‘My Computer’ or ‘Computer’ on Windows (PC).
- Copy the APK file into a folder of your choice on your Android smartphone.
- You will now be able to search for the file location in the My files folder of your device.
- Open the file manager, find the APK file, tap it, then hit Install.